|Module name (EN): Foreign Trade and Payments|
|Degree programme: International Business, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2017|
|Module code: BIBW-610|
|Hours per semester week / Teaching method: 4V (4 hours per week)|
|ECTS credits: 5|
|Mandatory course: yes|
|Language of instruction:
Written exam (90 minutes / can be repeated semesterly)
BIBW-610 International Business, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2013, semester 6, mandatory course
BIBW-610 International Business, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2017, semester 6, mandatory course
60 class hours (= 45 clock hours) over a 15-week period.
The total student study time is 150 hours (equivalent to 5 ECTS credits).
There are therefore 105 hours available for class preparation and follow-up work and exam preparation.
|Recommended prerequisites (modules):
|Recommended as prerequisite for:
Prof. Dr. Leonhard Firlus
|Lecturer: Prof. Dr. Leonhard Firlus
After successfully completing this module, students will be able to illustrate the causes and effects of trade
in a global environment and apply them to current examples.
- They will be able to illustrate the structure of a balance of payments and
carry out transactions independently.
- Students will be able to explain how exchange rates are determined and their importance
for international competitiveness.
- They will be able to show the possibilities and limits of an expansive demand policy
at fixed and floating exchange rates.
- Students will be capable of naming the central institutions of the European Union
and their tasks.
1. The balance of payments
2. Exchange rates and the foreign exchange market
3. Aggregate demand in an open economy under fixed and floating exchange rates
4. Theory of international trade
5. Trade policy
6. Introduction to the European Union
This module consists of a lecture and group work. Students are expected to prepare and present small group projects on selected foreign trade topics.
|Recommended or required reading:
- Krugman, Paul / Obstfeld, Maurice: International Economics. Addison-Wesley,
Reading Mass., latest edition.
- Maennig, Wolfgang: Außenwirtschaft, Vahlen Verlag, München,
- Rose, Klaus und Karlhans Sauernheimer: Theorie der Außenwirtschaft, Vahlen
Verlag, München, latest edition.
- Salvatore, Dominick: International Economics. John Wiley & Sons Inc., New
York, latest edition.
[Thu Aug 5 05:47:58 CEST 2021, CKEY=iab, BKEY=ibw3, CID=BIBW-610, LANGUAGE=en, DATE=05.08.2021]