|Module name (EN): International Marketing Instruments (focus module)|
|Degree programme: International Business, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2017|
|Module code: BIBW-442|
|Hours per semester week / Teaching method: 4V (4 hours per week)|
|ECTS credits: 5|
|Mandatory course: no|
|Language of instruction:
Written exam (90 minutes / can be repeated semesterly)
BIBW-442 International Business, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2013, semester 4, optional course
BIBW-442 International Business, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2017, semester 4, optional course
60 class hours (= 45 clock hours) over a 15-week period.
The total student study time is 150 hours (equivalent to 5 ECTS credits).
There are therefore 105 hours available for class preparation and follow-up work and exam preparation.
|Recommended prerequisites (modules):
BIBW-240 Marketing and Market Research
|Recommended as prerequisite for:
Prof. Dr. Frank Hälsig
Prof. Dr. Frank Hälsig
After successfully completing this module students will:
- know and be able to explain the principle, theoretical approaches and determinants of international marketing
- know the decision fields of international marketing and be able to apply them to companies from different industries.
- be able systematically analyze, critically evaluate and apply different options of market engagement and forms of activity in foreign markets.
- be familiar with the essential features of international marketing and be able to develop appropriate options for companies taking into account the company´s respective international marketing strategy.
- be able to analyze, critically evaluate and apply the basic options for standardization and differentiation of the international marketing mix.
- understand the relevance of the coordination perspective and be able to reflect upon the extent of feedback effects between country markets.
- be familiar with the theoretical principles and perspectives of international marketing
- Determinants of international marketing
- Basic decision-making variables in international marketing: market selection, market entry, timing and
standardized or adapted marketing activities.
- Decision-making options in the field of marketing instruments against the
background of international market segmentation
- Decisions regarding the product or program range in
international market cultivation (especially the degree of standardization against the
background of the differentiation from culture-free vs. culture-bound products)
- Design and coordination of communication tools in the
context of intercultural characteristics
- Special features of international sales and distribution policy:
transnational distribution systems, global account management,
interculturally varying incentive effects, consideration of different international
distribution channels and structures
- Challenges of international price and condition management:
pricing information and decisions, as well as pricing and price maintenance,
the consideration of different discount and condition structures,
international price differentiation, the problem of corruption
Lecture with exercises and case studies.
|Recommended or required reading:
_ Berndt, R., Fantapie Altobelli, C., Sander, M. (aktuellste Auflage), Internationales Marketing-Management, Heidelberg
_ De Mooji, M. (aktuellste Aufl.), Global Marketing and Advertising: Understanding Cultural Paradoxes, Thousand Oaks,
_ Guenzi, P., Geiger, S. (ed.), Sales Management: A Multinational Perspective, Basingtoke UK, u.a., (latest edition)
_ Hollensen, S. (latest edition), Global Marketing: A Decision-Oriented Approach, Harlow, England
_ Kotabe, M., Helson, K. (latest edition), Global Marketing Management, international student edition, Hoboken, N.J.
_ Morschett, D., Schramm-Klein, H., Zentes, J. (latest edition): Strategic International Management: Text and
_ Morschett, D., Schramm-Klein, H., Zentes, J. (latest edition): Strategic Retail: Text and Cases, Wiesbaden
_ Müller, S., Gelbrich, K. (latest edition), Interkulturelles Marketing, München
_ Nalge, T. T., Hogan, J.E. (latest edition), The Strategy and Tactics of Pricing, Upper Saddle River, N.J.
_ Zentes, J., Swoboda, B., Schramm-Klein, H. (latest edition), Internationales Marketing, München
[Thu Aug 5 06:40:43 CEST 2021, CKEY=iimd, BKEY=ibw3, CID=BIBW-442, LANGUAGE=en, DATE=05.08.2021]