|Module name (EN): Strategic Management (Compulsory elective module 1)|
|Degree programme: International Business, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2017|
|Module code: BIBW-422|
|Hours per semester week / Teaching method: 4V (4 hours per week)|
|ECTS credits: 5|
|Mandatory course: no|
|Language of instruction:
Written exam and composition with presentation (90 minutes / weighting 1:1 / can be repeated annually)
BIBW-422 International Business, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2013, semester 4, optional course
BIBW-422 International Business, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2017, semester 4, optional course
60 class hours (= 45 clock hours) over a 15-week period.
The total student study time is 150 hours (equivalent to 5 ECTS credits).
There are therefore 105 hours available for class preparation and follow-up work and exam preparation.
|Recommended prerequisites (modules):
|Recommended as prerequisite for:
Prof. Dr. Malte Beinhauer
Prof. Dr. Malte Beinhauer
In this module, strategic management is understood as the direct and indirect influence of behavior on the realization of goals derived from the superior goals of an organization, a company and the expectations of its stakeholders. After successfully completing this module, students should be able to make business decisions on the basis of corporate and environmental analyses and structured alternative derivation, to implement them successfully in the company and to control success.
After taking part in the _Strategic Management_ module, students will be able to,
- identify and evaluate potentials and challenges with regard to the development of corporate strategies,
- understand and systematize the complexity of the strategic management of companies,
- to analyze and assess the relevant framework conditions of company management,
- explain management theories and transfer them to practical business examples,
- characterize and analyze corporate strategies at different levels,
- make decisions in uncertain situations in a structured and confident manner.
- Dynamics of global competition
- Basic concepts and the theoretical framework of strategic management
- Normative corporate management
- Business environment analysis
- Market-oriented corporate management
- Resource-oriented corporate management
- Implementing strategies
Lecture, cases studies and discussions
Slides, videos, book, magazines and Internet research
|Recommended or required reading:
-Dillerup, Stoi: Unternehmensführung, 2. Aufl. 2010
-Macharzina, Wolf: Unternehmensführung, 7. Aufl. 2010
-Schreyögg: Organisation: Grundlagen moderner Organisationsgestaltung, 5. Aufl.
-Stähle: Management: Eine verhaltenswissenschaftliche Perspektive, 9. Auflage
-Welge, Al-Laham: Strategisches Management. Grundlagen - Prozess _
Implementierung, 6. Aufl. 2012.
-Wheelen, Hunger: Strategic management and business policy, 9. Auflage 2004.
[Thu Aug 5 06:25:03 CEST 2021, CKEY=ism, BKEY=ibw3, CID=BIBW-422, LANGUAGE=en, DATE=05.08.2021]