|Module name (EN): Foreign Language: French IV|
|Degree programme: Industrial Engineering, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2007|
|Module code: WIBAS-430F|
|Hours per semester week / Teaching method: 2U (2 hours per week)|
|ECTS credits: 2|
|Mandatory course: yes|
|Language of instruction:
|Applicability / Curricular relevance:
WIBAS-430F Industrial Engineering, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2007, semester 4, mandatory course
30 class hours (= 22.5 clock hours) over a 15-week period.
The total student study time is 60 hours (equivalent to 2 ECTS credits).
There are therefore 37.5 hours available for class preparation and follow-up work and exam preparation.
|Recommended prerequisites (modules):
|Recommended as prerequisite for:
Prof. Dr. Thomas Tinnefeld
After successfully completing this module, students will have mastered the basic grammatical structures of the French language. They will display strong speaking skills when answering questions about a given regional or general economic topic, as well as in simulated conversational dialogues such as telephone calls, team discussions, conferences, and meetings.
They will be able to translate common and difficult French business and cultural texts into German, both orally and in writing. They will be able to understand and analyze challenging professional and general texts.
They will be able to respond to precise questions in the appropriate tone in written form. They will be proficient in common French commercial correspondence, both written and oral. They will be able to write a curriculum vitae (CV) and a cover letter (lettre de motivation), as well as understand moderately difficult to challenging French news broadcasts on radio and television.
1. Selected exercises on grammatical structures reviewed in semesters 1-3.
2. Common and difficult version texts (in oral and written form).
3. Challenging texts on regional studies (questions et analyse)
4. L’entreprise: créer son entreprise :
• le créateur d’entreprise
• étude de marché et financement
• l’entreprise et son nom
• statuts et formalités
• la franchise
• créer un site internet
• le bilan
• les clés de la réussite
5. French news broadcasts from radio and television
6. Intermediate to difficult reports on regional studies and economics from radio and television
This module takes place in the language lab. Computer, TV, slides, radio and the blackboard will be used in this module.
|Recommended or required reading:
• Germann: Grammaire française (with exercises).
• Intermediate to difficult texts about regions, economics from French newspapers (Le Figaro), as well as from didactic magazines, such as „Revue de la presse“ and „Ecoute“.
• Margaret Mitchell: Pour parler affaires (with audio tapes and CD).
• Margaret Mitchell: Pour parler affaires (workbook).
• Mots et contexte: Vokabeltraining.
• Training französische Grammatik, Sek 2.
[Wed Dec 8 20:02:13 CET 2021, CKEY=wi430F, BKEY=wi, CID=WIBAS-430F, LANGUAGE=en, DATE=08.12.2021]