|Module name (EN): French 3|
|Degree programme: Mechanical Engineering, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2018|
|Module code: DFBGM308|
|Hours per semester week / Teaching method: 4U (4 hours per week)|
|ECTS credits: 4|
|Mandatory course: yes|
|Language of instruction:
Written exam (50%) + term paper with presentation (25%) + tests (25%)
DFBGE-060 , Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2018, semester 3, mandatory course
DFBEES-302 , Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2019, semester 3, mandatory course
DFBGE-060 Electrical Engineering, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2015, semester 3, mandatory course
DFBGM308 Mechanical Engineering, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2018, semester 3, mandatory course
DFBME-302 Mechanical Engineering, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2019, semester 3, mandatory course
60 class hours (= 45 clock hours) over a 15-week period.
The total student study time is 120 hours (equivalent to 4 ECTS credits).
There are therefore 75 hours available for class preparation and follow-up work and exam preparation.
|Recommended prerequisites (modules):
|Recommended as prerequisite for:
Prof. Dr. Thomas Tinnefeld
Dozenten des Studiengangs
After successfully completing this module, students will:
- have attained language skills at the lower and intermediate C1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR),
Skills: After successfully completing this module, students will be able to:
• understand the global and detailed information in difficult texts pertaining to concrete and abstract topics,
• follow factually complex technical discussions in their own field of expertise,
• communicate using a wide range of linguistic means allowing them to conduct conversations with native speakers in an idiomatic and communicative manner,
• express themselves in writing on a wide range of general and selected scholarly topics,
• hold job and subject-oriented presentations and prepare the corresponding written materials in a linguistically appropriate manner and, to a great extent, error-free
Competences: After successfully completing this module, students will:
- have mastered the grammar relevant for the above skills, the basic general vocabulary, the advanced French vocabulary and some French business vocabulary,
- be sensitive to the intercultural characteristics of countries belonging to the francophone world and thus, be able to successfully manage important communication situations in daily (business) life and
- be capable of embracing the intercultural differences of countries belonging to the francophone world and verbally interact there successfully.
• Maintain the extensive general French vocabulary acquired in previous levels of learning,
• Advanced acquisition of an extensive vocabulary in an engineering and technical environment,
• Advanced English grammar and awareness of its potential for use in technical language,
• Pronounced communication skills with regard to scientific language in order to take part in discussions, hold presentations and write texts belonging to the most important scientifically-relevant text types on a high level,
• Improve reading and listening comprehension skills through appropriate exercises.
• Use a wide range of media: television and video, radio, magazines and newspapers, computer-based interactivity
• Partner work, group work and role playing
• Presentations and short talks by students
• Presentations by the lecturer
• Plenary and group discussions
• The goal is to enable authentic foreign language communication.
|Recommended or required reading:
• Teaching materials compiled by the lecturer
[Wed Apr 21 22:57:03 CEST 2021, CKEY=df3d, BKEY=dfhim, CID=DFBGM308, LANGUAGE=en, DATE=21.04.2021]