|Module name (EN): International Economics|
|Degree programme: International Management, Master, ASPO 01.10.2016|
|Module code: MAIM-333|
|Hours per semester week / Teaching method: 4V (4 hours per week)|
|ECTS credits: 6|
|Mandatory course: yes|
|Language of instruction:
Written examination + term paper with presentation
MAIM-333 International Management, Master, ASPO 01.10.2016, semester 3, mandatory course
60 class hours (= 45 clock hours) over a 15-week period.
The total student study time is 180 hours (equivalent to 6 ECTS credits).
There are therefore 135 hours available for class preparation and follow-up work and exam preparation.
|Recommended prerequisites (modules):
|Recommended as prerequisite for:
Prof. Dr. Leonhard Firlus
Prof. Dr. Leonhard Firlus
- After successfully completing this module, students will be able to explain the creation of a simultaneous equilibrium on money and foreign exchange markets and analyze the effects of data changes.
- They will be able to explain in detail and evaluate the possibilities and limits of an expansionary demand policy under flexible and fixed exchange rates.
- They will be able to explain the positive welfare effects (gains from trade and gains from specialization) of international trade.
- They will be able to explain the effects of customs duties and regional free trade agreements.
- They will be able to name and evaluate the central economic problems in developing countries.
- International trade theory and policy
- International monetary theory
- The macroeconomics of open economies
- Economics of the European Union
- Economics of developing countries
This module consists of a lecture and group work and requires a large amount of student participation. The students must write and present papers on selected international economics topics. Term papers may be required depending on the size of the groups.
|Recommended or required reading:
- Feenstra, Robert C. and Alan M. Taylor: International Economics. Worth Publishers, New York, newest edition.
- Jones, Robert A. The Politics and Economics of the European Union. Edward Elgar Publishing, Cheltenham, newest edition.
- Krugman, Paul / Obstfeld, Maurice: International Economics. Addison-Wesley, Reading Mass., newest edition.
- Meier, Gerald M. / Rauch, James E.: Leading Issues in Economic Development. Oxford University Press, Oxford, newest edition.
- Salvatore, Dominick: International Economics. John Wiley & Sons Inc., New York, newest edition.
[Tue Sep 21 02:01:35 CEST 2021, CKEY=iiec, BKEY=imm3, CID=MAIM-333, LANGUAGE=en, DATE=21.09.2021]