|Module name (EN): Distributed Systems 1|
|Degree programme: Computer Science and Communication Systems, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2014|
|Module code: KI410|
|Hours per semester week / Teaching method: 2V+2P (4 hours per week)|
|ECTS credits: 4|
|Mandatory course: yes|
|Language of instruction:
Ninety-minute written exam
KI410 Computer Science and Communication Systems, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2014, semester 4, mandatory course
Suitable for exchange students (learning agreement)
60 class hours (= 45 clock hours) over a 15-week period.
The total student study time is 120 hours (equivalent to 4 ECTS credits).
There are therefore 75 hours available for class preparation and follow-up work and exam preparation.
|Recommended prerequisites (modules):
KI200 Programming 2
KI320 Computer Networks
|Recommended as prerequisite for:
KI510 Distributed Systems 2
KI699 Cloud Computing
Prof. Dr. Markus Esch
Prof. Dr. Reiner Güttler
Dipl.-Ing. Michael Sauer (practical training)
Topics covered in this course include: Significance and complexity of distributed systems especially at the application level; Understanding the problem of integration; What are client/server systems?; Understanding the importance of protocol definition and software architecture at the application level.; Technical infrastructure (TCP/IP) with special focus on the program interface; Tools based on transport protocol.
1. Approximately ten example applications including discussion of their “distributedness”
2. The client/server principle (iterative servers, parallel servers, communication)
3. Integration (heterogeneity, dynamics, autonomy)
4. Analysis of the technical infrastructure (TCP/IP)
5. The TCP/IP programming interface including programming exercises
6. Tools with fixed functionality (ftp, remote login, remote shell, etc.)
7. Programming tools (RPC, RMI, CORBA)
8. Software architecture for distributed applications (introduction)
|Recommended or required reading:
COMER D., Computernetzwerke und Internets, Prentice Hall
STEVENS R., UNIX Networks Programming, Prentice Hall
HENNEKEUSER J., PETER G., Rechnerkommunikation für Anwender, Springer
|Module offered in: |
SS 2018, SS 2017, SS 2016, SS 2015, SS 2014, ...
[Thu Jun 27 13:01:47 CEST 2019, CKEY=vs1, BKEY=ki, CID=KI410, LANGUAGE=en, DATE=27.06.2019]