|Module name (EN): Successful Professional Effectivity|
|Degree programme: Mechatronics, Master, ASPO 01.04.2020|
|Module code: MTM.SPE|
|Hours per semester week / Teaching method: 2PA (2 hours per week)|
|ECTS credits: 3|
|Semester: according to optional course list|
|Mandatory course: no|
|Language of instruction:
Oral exam/project work/composition
|Applicability / Curricular relevance:
MTM.SPE Mechatronics, Master, ASPO 01.04.2020, optional course, non-technical
MST.SPE Mechatronics and Sensor Technology, Master, ASPO 01.04.2016, optional course, non-technical
MST.SPE Mechatronics and Sensor Technology, Master, ASPO 01.10.2011, optional course, non-technical
Suitable for exchange students (learning agreement)
30 class hours (= 22.5 clock hours) over a 15-week period.
The total student study time is 90 hours (equivalent to 3 ECTS credits).
There are therefore 67.5 hours available for class preparation and follow-up work and exam preparation.
|Recommended prerequisites (modules):
|Recommended as prerequisite for:
Prof. Dr. Martin Löffler-Mang
|Lecturer: Prof. Dr. Martin Löffler-Mang
After completing this module students will be able to:
- discard negative habits and train positive habits;
- self-diagnose paradigmatic behavior and where necessary, adjust accordingly;
- realize which values and principles are important to her/him;
- develop proactive characteristics;
- specify goals and work result-oriented toward achieving these goals;
- distinguish between important and urgent matters and apply the model of time quadrants to their own time expenditure patterns;
- effectively plan tasks and activities;
- self-reflect on the above topics.
Furthermore, students will demonstrate that they have insight into:
- their personal goals, needs and principles;
- their self-image and qualities;
- their habits and behavioral patterns.
Paradigms, centers and principles
Starting with the end in mind
Time expenditure patterns
Relationship bank accounts
Understanding and being understood
Synergies and habit modification
The assignment is to read the book independently (see reading list below), answer special questions and carry out the given tasks.
This module is worth 3 European Credits which justifies the expense of 84 hours:
_ Between 16 and 20 hours for reading the book thoroughly for the first time;
_ For each chapter about 2 hours to think about what this chapter means for you;
_ 20 hours for answering all the questions and carrying out the assignments;
_ 20 hours for completing the paper and preparing the presentation.
|Recommended or required reading:
For this module, students must read the book _The 7 habits of highly effective teens_ written by Sean Covey. The book is meant for teenagers and adolescents, therefore it is relatively easy to read. For this module, students must read the book _The 7 habits of highly effective teens_ written by Sean Covey. This book is mainly meant for adults and professionals.
[Thu Dec 9 07:52:02 CET 2021, CKEY=yspe, BKEY=mechm, CID=MTM.SPE, LANGUAGE=en, DATE=09.12.2021]