|Module name (EN): Managing a Company Correctly: Legal Management|
|Degree programme: Accounting and Finance, Master, ASPO 01.04.2016|
|Module code: MARPF-542|
|Hours per semester week / Teaching method: 4V (4 hours per week)|
|ECTS credits: 6|
|Semester: according to optional course list|
|Mandatory course: no|
|Language of instruction:
MAMS-542 Marketing Science, Master, ASPO 01.04.2016, optional course
MARPF-542 Accounting and Finance, Master, ASPO 01.04.2016, optional course
MASCM-542 Supply Chain Management, Master, ASPO 01.04.2016, optional course
MASCM-542 Supply Chain Management, Master, ASPO 01.04.2017, optional course
60 class hours (= 45 clock hours) over a 15-week period.
The total student study time is 180 hours (equivalent to 6 ECTS credits).
There are therefore 135 hours available for class preparation and follow-up work and exam preparation.
|Recommended prerequisites (modules):
|Recommended as prerequisite for:
Prof. Dr. Sybille Neumann
|Lecturer: Prof. Dr. Sybille Neumann
After successfully completing this module, students will:
* be familiar with the legal basis for the areas of responsibility of a company´s executive board
* understand the function and mechanisms of the main regulations relevant to the internal organization of a company, sales, financing and obligations in the event of (imminent) insolvency.
* be able to handle these regulations independently and link them to the hierarchy of standards in compliance with EU legal requirements.
* be able to analyze sample contracts and master the technique of drafting contracts.
* be able structure checklists and flow charts with responsibility for contract conclusion and contract management alone or in a team.
* understand the special responsibility management has towards compliance in critical areas and be able to design the cornerstones for an internal compliance program.
* review their work results with regard to conflicting interests and the general principles of legal ethics.
- Obligations of the GmbH managing director within the framework of corporate governance
- Principles of labor law with a sample employment contract (non-tariff employer with works council)
- Decision criteria for setting up a sales organization, sample contract with an independent auxiliary person, general terms and conditions of sale
- Bank loan agreements and loan securities with a sample loan agreement
- Basic compliance issues (corruption, tax evasion, antitrust law)
- Basic issues of insolvency law
Lecture with accompanying case studies, court judgments and sample contracts; short presentations; exercises in negotiating and drafting contracts.
|Recommended or required reading:
[Fri Jan 15 19:17:59 CET 2021, CKEY=rurfra, BKEY=rpfm2, CID=MARPF-542, LANGUAGE=en, DATE=15.01.2021]