|Module name (EN): Case Studies in Nursing and Care: Critical Reflection and Understanding|
|Degree programme: Health Care, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2014|
|Module code: BAP1504|
|Hours per semester week / Teaching method: 6S (6 hours per week)|
|ECTS credits: 6|
|Mandatory course: yes|
|Language of instruction:
|Applicability / Curricular relevance:
BAP1504 Health Care, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2012, semester 5, mandatory course
BAP1504 Health Care, Bachelor, ASPO 01.10.2014, semester 5, mandatory course
90 class hours (= 67.5 clock hours) over a 15-week period.
The total student study time is 180 hours (equivalent to 6 ECTS credits).
There are therefore 112.5 hours available for class preparation and follow-up work and exam preparation.
|Recommended prerequisites (modules):
BAP1101 Nursing and Caregiving as a Profession: Preparatory Orientation Course
BAP1102 Perception, Communication and Relationships
BAP2102 Understanding Patient Needs
|Recommended as prerequisite for:
BAP6601 Helping, Showing, Advising: Educational Aspects of Nursing Care I
BAP6701 Helping, Showing, Advising: Educational Aspects of Nursing Care II
Prof. Dr. Susanne Grundke
After successfully completing this module, students will:
- be familiar with the concept of understanding cases using specific methods and be able to apply this knowledge.
- have internalized the systematics of hermeneutical case understanding as a basic requirement for professional care.
- have learned to take a questioning, (self-)reflective attitude with regard to the perceived singular-case-specific characteristics of the patients/patients in need of care.
1. Paradoxes of professional action
2. Hermeneutical case understanding
3. Applied case understanding
Group work, partner work, POL (problem oriented learning)/case work
|Recommended or required reading:
The current module reading list is handed out by the lecturer.
[Mon Nov 29 13:18:25 CET 2021, CKEY=pruf, BKEY=pf2, CID=BAP1504, LANGUAGE=en, DATE=29.11.2021]